set fileName -- inconsistent behaviour on Win OS's

kweto nrkweto03 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:11:47 EST 2004

Hello,

A stack/distribution I made has no problems setting on the fly the fileName
for each of 124 image objects on Win98 and WinME. However, on Win2K and
WinXP, only the first 12 to 14 image objects display properly the images
assigned them thru the fileName setting;  after that, from about the 13th
image object or so onwards, the image objects remain blank and, instead,
it's the group's background, the card itself, or, if I'm in debugging mode,
even the script window and the variables window, which will display one
after another the remaining fileName-designated images (each image is a very
large +700Kb jpg digital camera photo).

Having already double-checked the obvious, such as making sure all the image
objects are locked and setting the stack's buffer on and off (any other
obvious things I've missed?), I'm now taking the next step and asking the
list for ideas about why this inconsitency.

Thanks.

Nicolas Cueto