sounds/telephony

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Feb 17 02:29:26 EST 2004

On Tuesday, February 17, 2004, at 12:13 AM, Ken Norris wrote:

>> For the latter, the utility is awkward, because of the need to take
>> the
>> phone off hook by hand and to hangup by hand.  There may be some uses
>> where the ringing of the phone is the desired result.
> ----------
> Nope, the HC dialer in my PB uses the modem, like we already talked
> about.
> Of course I still have to pick up the phone immediately after it
> dials, or
> the modem hangs up,

Isn't that what I just said?

> because it's not a voice modem.

I don't think HC has any voice modem telephony capability.  Maybe I
missed it.

As for the dial command, for the Old Macs, it is straightforward to
make one, use "modem:".  For OS X and for Windows you need to find the
modem.  That is easy in OS X.  It shouldn't be too hard for Windows.

The first one doesn't have to be multi-platform.  Maybe it doesn't even
have to find the modem.

Of course, it will be just as limited as the HC version.

Dar Scott