10 bugs in 2 minutes time!

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Feb 13 08:17:40 EST 2004

>  >3.  There is an issue in the AB where one cannot change the relative
>>layers of controls in a group except when editing the group; however
>>I can change the relative layers of a group and a non-grouped control
>>at will.
>
>I was in whole-group selection mode. One newly created group overlapped
>the hidden field that is supposed to be topmost field. When I selected the
>field to send it on top, the "send to top" button never hilited! I did it
>manualy
>
>These kind of things shouldn't happen...

No argument from me on that, Xavier.

It seems to me the AB has problems dealing with newly-created
controls immediately after a control is created.  Often I can't see
the new control in the AB's list of card controls until I select a
different card and reselect the original card.  Other times I can see
an existing control in the list; but selecting it will not open its
properties palette.

But changing the selected card/stack and reselecting the original
make those problems go away, and I have no problems with relayering
existing controls & groups so long as I edit a group before trying to
change the layering of controls in the group.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company