Mac emulation

Dr.John R.Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Thu Feb 12 17:39:12 EST 2004

One of the more reliable emulators is vMac < http://www.vmac.org/>.
Here's a description:
  "vMac is a Macintosh emulator that currently emulates a Motorola 68000
based Apple Macintosh Plus. A ROM image from a Plus is required, we
plan to implement other 68000 machines, such as SEs and II series.
Currently System 7.5.5 is the latest vMac can boot, which is the latest
System a real MacPlus can boot. vMac runs in black an white, a larger
screen and color is the next thing we are working on. That's right,
vMac currently works and boots! All you need is a ROM image from a
MacPlus (utilities and directions provided), or a MacPlus ROM set on a
Gemulator ROM board (for Windows and UNIX ports) from  Emulators Inc.
and your Windows, DOS, UNIX, OS/2, or NeXT machine can run vMac!"

   vMac for OS X is available here:
<http://www.bannister.org/software/vmac.htm>  I use it all the time to
run old software that won't work even in Classic.
--
John