RR as a browser plugin?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 12 10:35:21 EST 2004

back in the day
I used the SuperCard plugin in our corporate structure to role out
quick easy stacks to departments that just wanted to view an update on
info to our software (GUI and other info) in a simple way from a web
browser. All they had to do was go to the company site and check it
out.
We found it very useful.
Asking them to download a separate file was more than they wanted to do
and more than I was allowed to ask of a Vice President.

Also, a big difference is that downloading an app to a hard disk is
different than downloading a temp file to a browser.
I.E. temp files can be deleted by the browser but another scheme is
needed to delete an app from a HD.
This is important for propriatary stacks that we don't want staying on
a users computer. (Yes, I know we can disable a stack after use etc)

Although I agree with Richard overall I also agree with Alex on this.

Tom

On Feb 12, 2004, at 3:18 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Nor is it theoretical.  SuperCard had a plugin.  Aside from some
> novelty use
> it was never popular even at sites with a heavy SC install.  Like most
> companies that have ever made a plugin, they don't bother anymore.

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102