OT: Village signing [was: RR as a browser plugin?]

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Feb 12 03:37:33 EST 2004

Jacque-

JLG> There is really no legitimate sign for that. I chose to use a gradually
JLG> drooping index finger. The entire audience, both hearing and deaf, never

I've always found one of the joys of ASL to be that it's not a
literally verbatim translation. For example, the sign for coffee
conveys a whole context of nuances that no single word in any written
or spoken language could. That drooping index finger was a brilliant
touch... er... well, there's no way out of that pun, is there?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net