10 bugs in 2 minutes time!

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Feb 12 01:32:29 EST 2004

- debugging - the script editor adds a few dozen lines to the end of my
script - you need to add a debug breakpoint, go in debug mode, abort, edit a
change with a non-error that is reported as an error and voila...
- debug breakpoint bar doesn't scroll as the script field - you end up
debugging not where you clicked! (This is the lack of synch scrolling via
mouse scroll in the breakpoint field which I've mentioned on previous
occasions.)
- Zooming a window with the zoom box doesn't respect the geometry manager
($)@%(*@%)(@%*@)(*I have to resize all the fields, groups AGAIN - What the
F***?) - This made my day already - one more day to release a stupid Farging
stack!!!
- Zooming a window with the zoom button doesn't zoom it all the way to the
window rect (props max height and width = 2^16...)
- you can't resize a zoomed stack thereafter without using the zoom box --
note the window is NOT full-screen-size (props)
- Geometry manager doesn't seem to respect the scaling offsets - I assume it
uses a percentage and not the border offsets - unreliable if you offset just
one or two pixels off another object.
- Group a number of objects. Show a field that's supposed to be above them,
select the field, try to send it above the group with the appropriate button
in the "Size and position" props and it doesn't work. You have to type a
high number in the position to make it work
- Making an object the same size as another via the props "Align objects"
and assuming that object as a geometry scale link to the window will make
the geometry of that object no work! Objects are in a group... You have to
resize the object manually for the geo mgr to work ok. The more damned you
are if you groupped them...
- a field in a grp, if you resize the object gets clipped, but if you move
it it doesn't - just more work either way...
- Close a stack with a script window left open - you get a dialog with
"close" or "Close and copy" the script window. Nothing is in the clipboard
if you choose close and copy

This the most stupid stack and the one that's given me the most trouble DUE
TO BUGS or non working features.

No, I wont spend 3 hours entering this in bugzilla who will surely not
record my bugs again.

I never had this many bugs in MC or HC or any other IDE in 20 years
development experience...

I dont think it's just me...

;( Really pissed customer...