version control system (was mission critical apps)

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Wed Feb 11 04:41:17 EST 2004

On 11 Feb 2004, at 05:00, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:44:28 -0700
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
> Subject: Re: version control system (was mission critical apps)
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

> On Tuesday, February 10, 2004, at 05:33 PM, Wouter wrote:
>
>> Anyway opening stacks from binary data stored in custom properties is
>> much faster than reconstructing them from xml.
>
> I have been pondering approaches like this.
>
> Setting a stack's password property can destroy binary data, so care
> must be taken to not do that or to store save the data in a safe form.
>
> Dar Scott

Hi Dar,
Yes that's true, but who is going to password protect
a stack for a VCS project? A xml turn out wouldn't be very
useful either.
(binary data destruction by password protection is already
a long standing problem for which the "save data in safe form"
step is indeed still necessary if password protecting)

Greetings,
WA