mission critical apps; was Re: cross platform ide

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Feb 9 11:40:29 EST 2004

On Feb 9, 2004, at 4:16 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:

Richard wrote:
>> What is the argument against the xTalk messaging model?

I'll keep repeating it: the argument is you don't know at until runtime
if the message goes where you think it will go. One way to state it is
"throwing a message out for some object to catch, hopefully".

Frank wrote:
> 1) There is no convention for whether one needs to pass messages up to
> the system.  For example,
> 2) It's hard to guarantee the message passing context.
> 3) The messaging model does not always work correctly.  And it
> sometimes works differently depending on where the code resides.
> 4) Race conditions.

Thank you Frank you are hitting the nail on the head.

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com