Would you have written it in time? was Re: mission critical apps

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 04:11:49 EST 2004

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> How many times does an IT request get delivered long after it was
> useful?
> How many in-house apps get deployed but never used because it's hard
> to make
> great interfaces quickly in most other tools?  How many projects are
> over
> budget?

How many programs have you all written quickly in Revolution that would
have taken much too long with another tool/language?

It took me less time to learn xtalk and build my app to make image
sequences from QTVRs than it would have just to have learnt enough of
Cocoa and the QuickTime API to even start planning it.  And then it's
cross-platform as well.

The only advantage of Cocoa would have been the ability to output a
video file rather than a folder full of single images.

My two Eurocents,

Ian Wood