Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 9 02:31:29 EST 2004

I agree with you Chipp.

I turned down a job doing a Director project and instead talked them
into doing it in REV because I KNEW I could get it done quicker and in
the short time frame they needed. Now D does have its points but XTalk
just works better for these type of projects for me. I can Talk my way
through what it is I want to do and then just do it.
  I don't mind dot syntax as an option but mostly prefer xtalk.

Since REV is so powerful and fast and easy to use I would rather see it
given a few more vital features and some of those bugs cleaned out
before even thinking about other syntax being added to the pie.

I was able to buy, learn and distribute a major CD project in only a
couple of months and do it with certainty only because of Rev's
transcript being what i expected an xtalk to be. Heck and no manuals
either. I have 12 Director manuals and still spend way too much time
looking stuff up in it. With REV I 'think' about what I want in english
like terms and then start typing. Oh sure there are some weird things
to get used to but that's the same across the board.

Fwiw

Tom