xTalk JPEG parser?

Stephen Quinn Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Feb 8 19:46:19 EST 2004

I've tried. I've downloaded the specs and tried to follow them but I
couldn't get my code to reliably work on every JPEG. It's harder than
it looks.

Basically the numbers are in jump tables after the beginning of the
file, but there's a few things in the spec I couldn't figure out.
There used to be an XCMD for that in HC days, and I know it's
possible... I gave up after a while. Also there's new additions to
the spec : EXIF which deals with camera info.

THere are some fixed bytes at the beginning of the file that point to
the next header, then another jump, and another until the end of the
headers.

Some attempts were based on simple PERL code examples I found on the
net, but those didn't work well reliably. There's something missing
in the info...