Andy's comments and positioning...

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Feb 8 15:15:16 EST 2004

On Sunday, February 8, 2004, at 11:59  AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> - for non-english-speaking students, today, the "javascript" syntax =
> the
> "flash" syntax = the "." syntax = the "ECMA" syntax = "the standard
> syntax
> for programming" = is not more difficult than the xtalk syntax.
> It is the same to teach and to learn "the property of myObjetc" than
> "myObject.property". The argument xTalk is easy was true 10 years ago,
> no
> more today.
> I am sure of that even for 12-15 years french speaking kids ; i do not
> know for english-speaking kids.

Yes, please, if anyone at RunRev is reading this, please add support
for standard statement syntax such as

x = y + z (instead of put y + z into x)
x += 1 (instead of add 1 to x)
x.myProperty = foo (instead of set myProperty of x to foo)

Not supporting these standard statements make the language look a bit
"beginner-ish".

-- Frank