Tagging certain objects with contact, copyright, etc

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 7 20:32:20 EST 2004

On 2/7/04 2:18 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> I was looking to see if there was already something out there, some
> tradition the old-timers might know about.  Or maybe something somebody
> has already made up.

There is only one x-talk convention that I can think of. It was
implemented back when HyperCard 2.0-style externals were first released.
The convention allowed passing either of two specific parameters to an
XCMD/XFCN and you would always get certain information back. The two
params were:

!  -- XCMD/XFCN sytnax
?  -- author and/or copyright info

So if I had an XFCN called "getPixel", in addition to the normal
programming parameters it accepted, I could also get this info back from it:

getPixel(?) --> getPixel(theXY [,theMonitor]);returns: RGB triplet
getPixel(!) --> Copyright 2004, JarJar Binks

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com