go vs open?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Feb 7 00:05:31 EST 2004

This one just popped up tonight and I'm a bit bewildered because I
could swear this worked before. Of course, some of my coding is done on
auto-pilot, so I could just be forgetting something.

I have a line in a script that looks like this:

open stack "PIClearingNew"

When it executes, the stack opens fine. But the error dialog pops up
and tells me there's an error on that line.

If I change "open" to "go" it works fine and I get no error.

But from all I can tell, open and go should be precisely equivalent.

Anybody got any idea what's going on here? I feel like I stumbled into
some alien world.