ADBC Database Connectivity Question

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed Feb 4 20:32:08 EST 2004

1. We have a Sybase Database.
2. I installed the Actual ODBC Driver for SQL Server ODBC drivers for
Mac OS X from www.actualtechnologies.com
3. I ran their Admin app and was able to connect to the database.
4. I used Excel and was able to connect to the database.
5. When I try to connect via Revolution using the Database Query
Builder, I get "revdberr,invalid database type"
6. When I go to the message box and enter the following:
get revOpenDatabase("ODBC","Paymentsdb",,"<my user name here>","<my
password here>")
I get "revdberr,invalid database type"
7. I went to the runrev web site and downloaded Database Examples by
Tuviah Snyder dated 14th May, 2002, and then ran it, the first thing it
does is ask for connection data. I select ODBC, The host is the
database name "Paymentsdb", the database is left empty, the user is my
username and the password is my password. When I press connect I get
"revdberr,invalid database type"

What am I doing wrong? How do I troubleshoot this? Any assistance would
be appreciated.

Kee Nethery