Andy's comments and positioning...

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Feb 4 20:28:01 EST 2004

On Feb 4, 2004, at 3:10 PM, Mark Powell wrote:

>  If I say "Revolution", they look they're being lobbied by Dennis
> Kucinich.  Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

LOL it's true. And they scoff "Revolution? Where did we get this John
Lennon wannabe?"

But with a 30 day eval. license, one can create a demo/mockup/prototype
of just about any app conceivable. What manager can turn down
productivity like that, coupled with blazing speed, single file
executables, and 12 different platforms? It practically sells itself,
provided the developers are willing to take some risk and dive in and
learn.

If management still won't buy it and they want to stick with VB6 or
VC++ forever then they are foot-dragging status-quo-loving coneheads
and you should go over their head :-)

While writing this I have in mind this article, about a different
product, but it's about early adopters and getting the edge:

<http://www.lindows.com/lindows_michaelsminutes_archives.php?id=96>

"""
...	I also found it interesting that this CEO came to meet with us
personally, rather than just dispatching someone from his IT
department.  "I have found that IT departments often don't like
change," he said.  "That's why I'm here.  I have had enough with the
status quo treatment we get from Microsoft, and I want to see first
hand if it's time for a change.  Our company prides itself on early
adoption of any innovation which can give us an edge over our
competition--we're known for that.  I'm starting to hear more and more
that Linux could very well be such an innovation, so I want to see for
myself if it is."
"""

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com