multiple local sockets
nrkweto03 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 22:42:38 CST 2004
Alex Tweedly wrote:
> It might be easier to suggest a simpler way if you could explain what
> you *want* to do.
Sorry for not being clear. To enable my (sometimes unduly hesitant!)
language-learners to interact aurally and visually over the school LAN, I
want to create a client-stack capable of sending to and receiving from a
likewise cofigure server-stack both data and stack-events -- and all
happening live, sometimes simultaneously (e.g., within one card's script),
and with as few ports/handlers as possible!
"Send-to" taks for the client-stack include:
- logging-in so that everyone knows who's on-line
- making requests for various types of data
- broadcasting local stack events to all or some host stacks
"Receive-from" tasks include:
- receiving replies from data requests to the server-stack
- awaiting continously for server-mediated info about stack-events on host
The server-stack would either mediate or act as source to the above.
Hope that's less confusing.
More information about the use-livecode