Menu woes

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 30 07:26:19 EST 2004

SimPLsol at aol.com wrote:
> I'd like to see the menus be separate from the stack.
>      If the menus are separate, one can update them easily. This is important
> if you (or your customers) have stacks with a lot of data and you want to add
> or change menus and/or menuItems. This is really simple if you can store the
> menu code in a plugin.

That's how I do most of my apps now:  The scripts in the menu bar are
often empty, and I have a generic menuPick handler in a library that
traps those and does what's needed.

This also makes it easy to add contextual menus, since you don't need to
do any additional scripting for those items.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation