Menu woes....

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Dec 30 06:44:51 EST 2004

Chipp, is this for real? I'm confused. To walk through what I've just
done:

Create new mainstack

Use Menu Builder to create a new menu "MenuBar 1"
the menu group appears in the top left of the stack

check "Set as menu bar on Mac OS"
stack scrolls up to hide the menu group and
menu appears in mac menubar

type 'Set the editMenus of this stack to true' into the msg box
stack scrolls back down to show menu group and
the menu bar resets ie. without my menu

Type 'hide group "MenuBar 1"' into the msg box
menu group disappears

hereafter, setting the editMenus to false puts the menu in the menu bar,
setting it to true takes it out again. But no scrolling. This is what
I'd expect, I think, but it seems like setting the editMenus to true,
as you suggest, prevents the menu appearing in the mac menubar. It's
hiding the group and setting editMenus to false that seems to get the
menu in the menubar without scrolling the stack.....

Have I go the wrong end of the stick?

Cheers, Mark