menu woes...

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Dec 30 01:19:11 EST 2004

At 7:07 PM -0500 12/29/04, SimPLsol at aol.com wrote:
>About six months ago I showed you a group of stacks
>on which I was having the resizing problem; we eventually worked around it by
>setting the stack sized specifically in an openStack handler (putting the
>same code in the preOpenStack did not work). This is not documented.

Well, normally bugs aren't discussed in the main documentation. It's
possible to do so, of course, but it's a lot of effort that has to be
undone when the bug is fixed, and also there's the chance that a bug
reference will be overlooked and not removed from the docs. They are
often discussed in the Read Me/release notes, and I used to list the
most often-encountered bugs in the release note.

Possibly the best of both worlds would be to provide some sort of
contextual access to Bugzilla from the docs - for example, a "Find
any known bugs related to this item" under "See Also". The Web Notes
feature might be a step in this direction.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com