Neobook and MMB (was: RE: DreamCard Review-PCPLUS)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Dec 23 14:54:06 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
wrote:

> >>A number of other moderately priced multimedia authoring systems
> offer "web
> >>objects". Runrev should indeed consider to integrate a web control, too.
> >>

> >>Unfortunately both Neobook and MMB are only available for Windows.
>

> Well, that pretty much nixes them for me.

And for a lot of other people

> so what's the point? These products don't even come close to Rev,
> which is far more than a 'multimedia authoring system".

This is exactly what I meant to express with "Both programs ...of course
do not compare to the potential of XTalk languages". What constitutes a
'multimedia authoring system' though is a matter of definition, and it
would not hurt Rev to be put in such a category.

> You are arguing about the modest fee to add altbrowser to the package
> that a stock rev offers today.  Not everyone needs a 'web control".

There are a lot of things not everyone needs - even in Rev. But some
people - like Paul Salyers to whom I responded - would like to have an
integrated web object. And I don't think  I was "arguing about the
modest fee to add altbrowser" - my plea was to integrate altBrowser into
Rev - I just mentioned the interesting prices of these "low-end
alternatives for beginning programmers" (my words) .--

At which point there remains to wish you - and all list members - a
Merry Xmas and some quiet and possibly creative days "between the years"
- as we would say in this region of the world.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke