Keys pressed

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Dec 22 20:51:23 EST 2004

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Paul Salyers wrote:
>
>> I need to know how to do a keypressed function:
>>
>> EX:
>>
>> press the "I" and it will goto the Information card
>>
>>     Case Asc("I"), Asc("i")
>>          Open instruction card
>>     End case
>>
>> This is an VB example and I have the painful job of converting
>> without much help in doc
>

> There must be something in those 3,000 pages for ya' -- let's see what
> we can find:
>
> ...launching Rev, clicking Documentation....
> ...flipped the option control to "Search for:", enter "key pressed"...
>
> - blamo!:  found the keyDown and keyUp messages.
>
> Check those out and you should have what you need.

I'm sure it's in there - and I'm even sure Paul tried to look .....
don't assume it's as easy as it might seem with the benefit of
knowledge/hindsight/intuition that makes you pick the right phrase.

Here's what I did ....

... launching Rev,. click Documentation...
... flip option to Search ...., enter "keypress"

wait for approx 2 minutes while it spins that stupid little cursor ....
get about 10 entries .... none of which is keyDown or keyUp

(though the 7th entry would (if I hadn't given up by then) have referred
me to keyDown in the "See also ..." list.)

-- Alex.