hard crashes with data from Internet

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 18 21:17:35 EST 2004

On Saturday, December 18, 2004, at 01:04 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I thought about checking the data for the presence of something like
> "</body>", but I can imagine circumstances where the garbage might
> also contain some of the returned data (though I haven't logged enough
> yet to really know how frequently, if ever, that's really the case).
>
> That may be sufficient in most cases, but I'd sure like to find a 100%
> method if possible.  I don't mind script errors, but things that cause
> hard crashes make my work look really sloppy to the user. :)
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

What I do is to set the htmlText of an off screen field to my input
variable while the screen is locked then I put the htmlText of that off
screen field into another variable and unlock the screen. That might
work for you as a clean up tool. On the other hand if you are
deliberately working with valid HTML 4.0 then that would not work as a
fix if your text must remain as HTML 4.0.

Mark