GM Scanner2.0e improvements

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Dec 17 12:29:13 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

The persons who downloaded the GM scanner should redownload it again. I've
improved it a bit more, added more explanations.

http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=72

Believe it or not I had 3 controls with GM settings misbehave already! (fix
uploaded yesterday 5pm). 2 of these are my fault for copy pasting and
forgetting about GM settings. That copy paste GM settings feature is nice
but treachourous too, in fact, the third misbehaving control, the about
field, was resized correctly and somehow it resized itself wrong after!
buuh! Asking support for an update was not worth the trouble either! The
only right thing to do that I could find, was to write a fix myself now...

If you think it's not worth the trouble, I believe RunRev 2.5 stacks (or
previous) maybe affected if they use the GM. Im only trying to prevent
support accidents and development barriers. Hence GMScanner also gives you a
way to fix and explains how to avoid the bug.

It you have lots of stacks, i might add a folder and cards scanner for large
stack lists with filtered reports and auto-clearing/navigation. While it's
easy to do, it would cost you less programming time and effort to make a
small 5 euro donation to monsieurx.com to do it for you. ;)

The GM is great and this is not a recommendation not to use it - on the
contrary, it will save you hours of work and it's quite competent for
complex GUIs too!

Regards,
Xavier