getting the number of the current marked card

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Dec 17 07:27:29 EST 2004

i wanted justly to avoid going through every card!

So if I move card 2 to the last card of the stack, it is still card 2???

Seems unreal!

So after sorting cards, how do you know which is the 5 card in the list?
You are forced to either remember every card in an array index or
go next 5 times? This sounds ridiculous...

On 17.12.2004 13:09:50 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Bon jour Xavier,
>
>> Hallo Klaus!
>>
>> Depends on how you sort the cards but that's one cheap trick to
>> find them...
>> sort by id of each card
>> Sort by the marked of each card
>
>Sorry, no success, did not work :-(
>After sorting this way, the actual cd number will still be displayed...
>
>But i found a workaround:
>go first marked cd
>repeat with i = 1 to the num of marked cds
>set the num of this cd to i
>go next marked cd
>end repeat
>go first marked cd
>
>does exactlyly what i want and since i lock screen i think this will be
>fast
>enough even with lots of cards...
>
>> Now all cards are sorted by id, all marked cards together andthe
>> number of the current card will tell you which it is!
>>
>> easy does it!
>
>That's for sure :-)
>
>Thanks for your inspiration ;-)
>
>> cheers
>> Xavier
>
>Regards
>
>Klaus Major
>klaus at major-k.de
>http://www.major-k.de

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER