mySQL Query... need some help

docmann docmann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 22:58:47 EST 2004

I'm a genuine newbie and have been having a major difficulty in trying
to format a mySQL query and thought that maybe someone can point me in
the right direction.

All I'm trying to accomplish at this point is to search for a specific
record and display the info in the proper fields. Here's how I have
things set up...

Currently the DB is connected when the card opens

DB name is: mybuddies
Table name is :revprogrammers

DB Fields:
FirstName (Primary)
LastName
PhoneNumber

Text Fields In Stack:
ShowFirstName
ShowLastName
ShowPhoneNumber

Query Field:
myQuery

I *think* this is the right general direction (not working, obviously)

on mouseUp

  get revDataFromQuery(,,"SELECT * FROM mybuddies WHERE FirstName =
field 'myQuery'")

end mouseUp

I'd jump for joy if someone could point out what I'm doing wrong or
point me to a *really simple* mySQL tutorial/stack to learn from....

Thanks,

-Doc-