Digital Audio File/Quicktime Help

FMoyer at aol.com FMoyer at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 17:20:17 EST 2004

Is there anyone out there who knows the insides of digital audio files? I am
writing an application where it would be helpful to be able to manipulate
these files. For example, I'd like to create a new sound file that consists of
just a portion of a larger sound   file. I have no idea if it is even possible to
dig inside a sound file without messing it up.

I would also like to find someone who knows the insides of Quicktime. I am
needing to use Quicktime in some slightly unorthodox ways. For example, I need
to allow the user to click a mouse to play a portion of a Quicktime file with
no time lag -- in other words as soon as the user clicks the mouse, the music
plays.

Thanks

Fred Moyer