Fwd: ZIP on OS X

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Dec 14 18:16:36 EST 2004

Hello again Klaus,

Le 14 déc. 04, à 23:27, Klaus Major a écrit :

> Bon soir Pierre,
>
>> Hello Klaus,
>>
>> on mouseup
>>   put shell ("zip /Users/sahores/Desktop/dess-capture.qtbr.zip
>> /Users/sahores/Desktop/dess-capture.qtbr") into aaa
>>   answer aaa
>>    put shell ("unzip -j /Users/sahores/Desktop/dess-capture.qtbr -d
>> /Users/sahores/Desktop/") into aaa
>>   answer aaa
>> end mouseup
>>
>> To get help about zip/unzip options, type in a shell window "zip
>> -h"/"unzip -h"
>
> Ah, très bien! Merci beaucoup, monsieur!
>
> I was a bit disappointed since i knew that the command "zip" WAS
> available, but "man zip"
> only gave "no manual entry for zip".
>
> But it looks like you cannot "zip" folders/apps this way :-(

Yes you can, wirklich, but you will need to feet the right options in
"zip -h" / "unzip -h"

Last login: Tue Dec 14 23:24:45 on ttyp2
Welcome to Darwin!
[G412:~] sahores% zip -h
Copyright (C) 1990-1996 Mark Adler, Richard B. Wales, Jean-loup Gailly
Onno van der Linden and Kai Uwe Rommel. Type 'zip -L' for the software
License.
Zip 2.1 (April 27th 1996). Usage:
zip [-options] [-b path] [-t mmddyy] [-n suffixes] [zipfile list] [-xi
list]
   The default action is to add or replace zipfile entries from list,
which
   can include the special name - to compress standard input.
   If zipfile and list are omitted, zip compresses stdin to stdout.
   -f   freshen: only changed files  -u   update: only changed or new
files
   -d   delete entries in zipfile    -m   move into zipfile (delete
files)
   -k   force MSDOS (8+3) file names -g   allow growing existing zipfile
   -r   recurse into directories     -j   junk (don't record) directory
names
   -0   store only                   -l   convert LF to CR LF (-ll CR LF
to LF)
   -1   compress faster              -9   compress better
   -q   quiet operation              -v   verbose operation/print
version info
   -c   add one-line comments        -z   add zipfile comment
   -b   use "path" for temp file     -t   only do files after "mmddyy"
   -@   read names from stdin        -o   make zipfile as old as latest
entry
   -x   exclude the following names  -i   include only the following
names
   -F   fix zipfile (-FF try harder) -D   do not add directory entries
   -A   adjust self-extracting exe   -J   junk zip file prefix (unzipsfx)
   -T   test zipfile integrity       -X   eXclude eXtra file attributes
   -y   store symbolic links as the link instead of the referenced file
   -h   show this help               -n   don't compress these suffixes
[G412:~] sahores%

Gott zieh dankt, we can ;)

Best, Pierre