Word keyword (and finally)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 14 14:55:36 EST 2004

On 12/14/04 1:03 PM, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> Think of it as flow of consciousness.
>
> Given that the problem appears to be with the data having RTF or HTML
> attributes, my question is: how can I remove all of these attributes and
> have my data as plain old text?

I don't think the problem is with the HTML or RTF -- the problem is that
your original data does not contain "real" spaces, but rather contains
"hard spaces". These are considered normal characters, different than a
space, and become part of the "word" as Rev sees it.

To fix it, replace all option-space characters with regular spaces
before parsing the script:

  replace numToChar(202) with space in fld "data"

On a Mac, you can also generate this character by just typing
option-space rather than using the numtochar business in the script.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com