OT: Postgresql Docs for your hard drive

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Dec 12 15:47:20 EST 2004

Aloha,

[darma, london: trash the last postgresql docs from xCalibre site..
they are 2 years old and these are the latest from postgresql.org for
7.4 and there is a *lot* more info here]

In case anyone is interested in putting a copy of the entire Postgresql
docs (7.4) on their hard drive... I *think* my spider got all the
pages...

go to http://www.himalayanacademy.com/outgoing/postgresql/

and download "Download Site Spider.rev.zip"

[excuse the very rough UI which is a typical in house RAD thing where I
put together something in a few minutes to get a specific job done...)

click on the button "export all to disk" and create a new folder and
save the docs (over 500 files!)

thescripts in here are open source, so for newbies... I don't consider
myself anything of an expert (the wizards on this list generally show
me a better way to do just about anything I can cook up. ;-) but you
might from some interesting stuff in there.  caveat: the URL root stem
for the site being crawled and downloaded is hard coded into the script
of "Parse TOC"

Once you have them downloaded, load the "index.html" into your browser
and it will run the documentation locally. All href's have been change
to local.