Start Using

Gordon gwalias-rev at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 12:10:35 EST 2004

Dear Rob

Could you elaborate on the "gotcha" thing. I changed
my function from

   "function setGlobal <params>"

   "on setGlobal <params>"

and now I don't get the error message, but instead of
setting the cutom property "myVar" of the button to
23.6, it creates a cutom property called "myVar,23.6"!

What's the difference between a command and a
function- I even tried setting "setGlobal" back to a
function and returning something, but then I got the
old "handler not found" error again. I am confused
about commands and functions - why are my functions
not seen and which should I use and when?

Here are the "setGlobal" and getGlobal functions

on setGlobal tname, tvalue
  set the tname of button "Button" of stack
"EZGlobals" to tvalue
end setGlobal

function getGlobal tname
  return the tname of button "Button" of stack
"EZGlobals"
end getGlobal

I don't mind having to pay for the rev manual, but
couldn't they send it electronically to help users
while they're waiting the 3-4 weeks it takes for the
paper versions to arrive by snail mail. It's really
hard trying to figure all this out from the
documention window that comes with rev. It doesn't
give any kind of overview of the Transcript language
that one would need to understand enough to really get
going. I am praying for my manuals to arrive a.s.a.p.

Best

Gordon