Label an Image with Text?

Glenn E. Fisher gefisher at mac.com
Sat Dec 11 08:24:30 EST 2004

Hi Rick,
You wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way in Rev to paint a text label
> onto a jpeg image file and then save it as part of the jpeg file
> when I export it.
>
> (I also noticed the lack of a text tool for doing that in the
> paint tools.)
>
> Anyone?

Is the text dynamic? or can you build it as an image outside of RR?

I have modified images that I use for button icons by merging two .png
files
whose alpha masks don't overlap with the following transcript that is
fast
enough for icon sized images:

on mergeImages im1,im2,imout
   put the imageData of image im1 into d1
   put the imageData of image im2 into d2
   put the alphaData of image im1 into a1
   put the alphaData of image im2 into a2
   put the height of image im2 into h
   put the width of image im2 into w
   put the length of d2 into n
   put 0 into i
   repeat for each char c in a1
     add 1 to i
     if i>n then exit repeat
     put charToNum(c) into x
     if x=0 then
       put char 4*i-3 to 4*i of d2 after d3
       put char i of a2 after a3
     else
       put char 4*i-3 to 4*i of d1 after d3
       put char i of a1 after a3
     end if
   end repeat
   if there is not an image imout then
     create image imout
   end if
   set the text of image imout to empty
   set the height of image imout to h
   set the width of image imout to w
   set the imageData of image imout to d3
   set the alphaData of image imout to a3
end mergeImages

HTH,
Glenn

Glenn E. Fisher	University of Houston - Retired
22402 Diane Dr.	Spring, Tx 77373
gfisher4 at houston.rr.com 	http://www.uh.edu/~fisher
http://home.houston.rr.com/thegefishers/
http://homepage.mac.com/gefisher