Arrays in Rev

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Dec 10 20:28:04 EST 2004

On Dec 10, 2004, at 8:00 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> The point I'm making is that it's a container that can store
> information at numerical points [101][2][23] or 101,2,23 or any
> delimiter that you select. I get what I needed in Lingo working fine
> for me in transcript. I'm just thankful that it works fast enough to
> be worth it.

But... Lingo's are REAL.

AFAICT... you are using strings... which *look* like multidimensional
arrays, yet they would not *work* like multi-dimensional arrays. It
looks to me more like you have a mechanism which allows *naming* and
storing of variables in the same context as a multi-dimensional array.
It looks like your version is basically a way to avoid coming up with
unique names for a lot of variables... which is cool, and all, but
that's all it is.

But how do they perform the same functions? For instance with a
multi-level nested repeat loop iterating over the contents with a real
multi-dimensional array? Or is there some equally convoluted code to do
that?

Don't get me wrong. Cool solutions I can respect. But what works for
you (or I) as a personal solution is not necessarily something which is
portable to others - nor is it necessarily what they want or need.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.