stacks interacting over LAN? (newbie)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 1 15:24:36 EST 2004

Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> If you both are so concerned about the security of the Chatrev users,
> why don't you join us in the chat, or try to dissect the protocol and
> give us some security tips?

I'm not concerned about the implementation at all.  I'm sure any risks
are well managed and below the threshold for the uses it's put to.

Mine was just a generic concern for any network software that might
claim to be entirely risk-free.  And as I said in that post, I'm no
expert on security, far from it, so many others would be able to
contribute much more there than me.

Sorry if my post was worded clumsily.  I have no problem with the
software at all, but I do think it's useful to remind people that
nothing is without risk, and encourage them to do their own risk
assessment when possible.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation