Documentation in 2.5

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 27 21:18:50 EDT 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 6:45 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

 >>>Try those same things in 2.5b2. The search for "choose" brings up a
longish list, none of which is any command, let alone the  choose
command.

Now that I finally have gotten the dox to work, I have to agree with
Dan--the search feature has been rendered less than useless (useless
doesn't help, less than useless makes more work).

An even more telling case-in-point.  Try searching for "xml."  You'd
think this would be unique enough to provide a limited number of hits,
all of which have SOME relevance.  Nope. The list it generates is 59
screens (page downs) long and includes such irrelevant items as
RevSpeak (which does not have "xml" anywhere in the text of the entry.)

 >>>I'm one of those strange birds who actually reads such things. If I
can find them.

Me too.  Looks like I'm going to have to keep a copy of Rev 2.1.2
running alongside of 2.5, so I can search the dictionary while working.
Bummer. :-(