Mac to Windows -- maybe text encoding

Steve and Lee Ann Setzer spiffsetz at mac.com
Fri Aug 27 01:53:11 EDT 2004

Folks,

Jeanne's suggestion worked for the primary problem. I ran ISOToMac and all
my buttons now appear correctly.

However, part of my game logic compares the button name to text stored in a
field. So, I need to also get the text in the field back into Mac encoding
even when running on Windows. I tried the following script but it didn't
seem to change things:

repeat with countVar = 1 to the number of fields
     get field countVar
     put ISOToMac(it) into field countVar
end repeat

Is there something wrong with my script? If not, then is there any way to
get RunRev on Windows to use Mac-encoded text in a field, or will it always
automagically turn it to Windows encoding?

Steve Setzer