Printing records from the database

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Aug 26 23:20:16 EDT 2004

On 8/26/04 12:27 AM, "Marko Manninen" <hmv-3 at valas.kpo.fi> wrote:

> My name is Marko Manninen and i just downloaded the trial version of
> Revolution because i needed to examine if it's going to be my developing
> tool for some projejects.

Hey, Marko - welcome to the Revolution List!

> After reading database faq i still didn't get
> answer to my biggest interest. Is it possible to print all records ( two
> records in one paper) straight from the database in Revolution v 2.xx? I
> need to put information in card like in to traditional form.

The short answer is "yes", but the longer answer is what needs to be done in
order to get what you're looking for. Revolution has a simple structure for
printing sets of cards to the printer, but for a more serious "reporting"
package, we'll have to wait a short time - a third party is in the final
stages of a full blown reporting product for Revolution and this will
certainly allow you to do what you are asking for more easily. Prior to the
reporting package being released, you can do it, but it takes more work to
set up and test.

> Other question is, if it's possible to print to the custom sized paper
> from the revolution (from the database records)? And what is the
> procedure with both printing cases?

Revolution allows you to build printable areas as large or as small as you
like, so you'd just have to design a card so that it wasn't too large for
your paper. (This may have to be done by trial and error a couple of times,
but then it will work properly from that point on.)

Hope that helps,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/