writing an OS X package from a custom property

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Aug 26 02:22:23 EDT 2004

On Aug 26, 2004, at 1:51 AM, Scott Morrow wrote:

> I did... to no avail.  Dar Scott pointed out that since what I'm
> working with isn't a file perhaps I shouldn't expect it to act as one.
>   If you two aren't rolling your eyes with the simplicity of the task
> then I feel better letting go of it and moving on... though I'm still
> open for suggestions.

Scott,

Since you're working with a bundle, I think you can compress it and
then store in a custom prop. Be aware that using zip compression might
destroy the data fork of macintosh files so you should use stuffit. If
you're only deploying on OSX then you could make a DMG with the OSAX,
and store the dmg, you can mount the disk image package using a simple
applescript.

cheers
andre

PS: if you're trully masoquist, you can create the DMG, use uucode and
store it on a field... but man that's evil!!!!!

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL