Standalone failure for Mac PPC 9.2

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 24 01:04:03 EDT 2004

On 8/23/04 6:25 PM, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:

> More info on this:
>
> I tried to open my HA Stack Player standalone, built for PPC, on my OSX
> machine. Of course, Classic started up first, but then, the standalone
> did not boot: no error msg. Same thing if Classic is up and running first.

Did it start to launch and then suddenly quit immediately, before the
stack loaded? That happened to me once a long time ago. Turns out I had
moved the color picker out of the Extensions folder, and the engine was
hard-linked to it. When it couldn't find the color picker, it just quit
without warning.

That's not to say that the color picker is your problem, but I know OS X
moves a few extensions out of their original OS 9 folders. There may be
others that Rev expects to find on an OS 9 system which have gone
missing. Do you have a native OS 9 machine you can boot into to test?

PPC standalones normally run fine in Classic.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com