simple libSMTP send example, help

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 21 10:31:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get  libSMTP to work for a basic simple email send.

If I use this to add the libraries with the stacks added to my main
stack already:

on openStack
   start using stack "libEmail"
   start using stack "libSmtp"
end openStack

on closeStack
   stop using stack "libEmail"
   stop using stack "libSmtp"
end closeStack

Then I need a few lines of code to send email to this destination:
send "ABCDEFG test" to "gizmotron at earthlink.net" with subject "test
send"

or
body = "ABCDEFG test"
destination = "gizmotron at earthlink.net"
subject  = "test send"

I'm searching for a simple example of using libSmtp to send a plain
text email. I can't get the example to work from Shoe Sean's website
example. I think it is because I'm not sure how to use adding
destinations and saving and/or selecting them during a send. Anyway it
crashes on an HTMLtext handler. I'm using Rev 2.2 on Mac OSX. Does
anyone have a basic email stack or example of code using these
libraries that sends a single email without it being something that
looks like it came from the source code of a full blown email client?

Having it report that the email was successfully sent looks like it is
part of the lib also.

Thanks,

Mark