Filter and regex

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Aug 20 13:54:37 EDT 2004

set itemdelimiter to "/" -- or the french liberty item delimiter ;)
put "1/5/2004" into adate
-- find first monday
repeat while word 1 of thisdate is not "monday" --(or sunday
  put adate into thisdate
  add 1 to item 1 of adate -- assume french date
  convert thisdate to the long date
end repeat
-- end of find first monday...
get item 2 of adate
-- we found our day, let's calculate the week
add (myweeknumber-1) * 7 to it
put it into item 1 of adate -- this is the first day of any week.

--now you can replace
.*(0*[myday])/(0*[mymonth])/.*

-- You'll have to find the right syntax that works with RR
   i feel better when I dont mess with grep's nasty syntax
-- I put 0* in the grep code in case there is or not a 0
   before a day/month less than 10.
-- put in the last "/" in the grep but not the year unless
   you need to check the year. This way you're sure you have
   a date and not force the engine to search for more than
   what's required.

bon weekend!
Xa