Compilers for external dll

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 23:37:46 EDT 2004

on Sun, 15 Aug 2004
Mark Wieder wrote:

> The last time I checked, Pascal used strings that
> had a length byte as
> their first character, instead of being
> null-terminated. The
> conversion from one form to the other is pretty
> easy.

I agree completely.

> At one time I used a hybrid string form internally:
> length + string + null termination
>
> and I could then use it as a pascal string or a C
> string, depending on
> whether I specified it starting at byte 0 or byte 1.

That's was a highly clever style of coding!
But not without its risk!

Five years ago, i was coding almost
daily in pascal, but when i learned that
to program interfaces in mac i had to digest
these massive apple programming books,
i turned to hypercard and never look back!

Now, i had to start with C code to have
a zlib compression dll for pdf writing.

al

=====