Videoclip playback

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 21:03:05 EDT 2004

Using Rev 2.1.2 in MacOSX with QuickTime installed:

When I try to play a videoclip by importing the video into Rev as a
control and then using
               play videoclip "myVideo"
it does not work.

First of all, it takes forever to load, then what gets displayed is
gibberish characters.  This is true whether the video clip is a an mpg
(mpeg-1) file or a QuickTime movie. It even happens if I try to play
the video clip from within the Application Browser.

However, the same files play fine if I create a player object and play
them from disk.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? (No bug listed in Bugzilla
that I could find.)