RR Competition?

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 12:22:53 EDT 2004

Unless I am missing something, this is Mac only.  Who wants to create
apps that are Mac only, when the majority of the market out there is
still Windows?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Mac, insist on my apps being available on
Mac OS 9 and OS X and wouldn't consider designing/programming my apps
on a Windows machine.  It's just that the ability to create
crossplatform apps is a crucial part of what I need and I think that's
true of others, as well.

Even if there were no Revolution out there, I wouldn't even consider
this until they have at least a Windows player. And then, I would need
to see that Windows player actually WORK with my stacks (apropos of the
text line-up problems reported here and elsewhere when apps made for
one platform are ported to the other).  If it looks pretty on Mac and I
have no way to make it look pretty in Win player then it's dead in the
water.

My 2 pfennings.