Strange invisible error

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Aug 16 12:03:20 EDT 2004

Put "birth, nick, notes, board" into tData

Put "birth, nick, notes, board" into tData

Those two lines above look exactly alike but the first one gives an error
and the second line does not. The first line is a cut and paste from data
generated by my program and the second I typed by hand. There must be an
invisible character in there. Also if I cut and paste the lines in and out
of BBEdit to the message box in runrev the first line will only paste as far
as Put "

Even weirder if I type in Bbedit a replacement over the word "birth" then it
will allow me to cut and paste just as far as

Put "birth,

This is the weirdest error I have ever seen...

Script compile error:
Error description: Script: missing '"' after literal

When I run zap gremlins in Bedit I get:

Put "€birth, €nick, €notes,€ board" into tData

----
I am now trying to figure out where the invisible character (some kind of
line feed maybe???) is coming from. It is possible that when this email is
sent that the invisible character will get converted to something. I am on
MAC OS X