Compilers for external dll

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 15 20:24:23 EDT 2004

Mark Wieder wrote:

>I haven't tried this one, but I don't see why it
>shouldn't work. You
>need to be able to produce Microsoft-compatible
>libraries, and if MS's
>own compilers can't do that then we're all in
>trouble. Shouldn't take any changes to the library
>source. I used MSVC 6.0 and haven't tried
>the .net stuff yet, but it should work.

Speaking of Microsoft it's difficult to be sure.
In the name of the OS security they could change
anything and everything for the sake of software
welfare.

I'll visit their forums to know more about this
compiler and possible user's problems.

>I tried a couple of open source compilers and had
>trouble coercing them into creating truly compatible
>libraries. I haven't tried lcc or bloodshed - if you
>want to try them out, I'm quite curious as to
>whether or not they would work. The compilers that I
>know for sure won't work are the ones from Borland
>and Digital Mars.

"coercing"... interesting word indeed.
How many weeks or days would this take? :-((

I'll really like that a Pascal Master programmer
created a tutorial to create dll's for RR/MC
with Pascal.

Knowledge about how to pass C strings,
strings terminated in nulls, that is the
unlocking piece for this Pascal dll.

al

=====
Visit my site: