Compilers for external dll

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Aug 15 19:29:06 EDT 2004

Alejandro-

Sunday, August 15, 2004, 3:09:57 PM, you wrote:

AT> Could i compile, with minimal changes, the
AT> external dll for RunRev using the free Microsoft
AT> Visual C++ toolkit 2003?

I haven't tried this one, but I don't see why it shouldn't work. You
need to be able to produce Microsoft-compatible libraries, and if MS's
own compilers can't do that then we're all in trouble. Shouldn't take
any changes to the library source. I used MSVC 6.0 and haven't tried
the .net stuff yet, but it should work.

AT> Could open source compilers like LCC, Bloodshed, etc
AT> compile this external without problems?

I tried a couple of open source compilers and had trouble coercing
them into creating truly compatible libraries. I haven't tried lcc or
bloodshed - if you want to try them out, I'm quite curious as to
whether or not they would work. The compilers that I know for sure
won't work are the ones from Borland and Digital Mars.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net