Versions of RR+ whats about?!

Wolfgang M.Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sun Aug 15 15:55:49 EDT 2004

On 15.08.2004, at 18:47, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> And the original offer still stands: if someone wants to pay my bills
> for a month or two they can have it. :)
At this time I could have payed this month, but I thought rev is the
tool of my choice and I can do a lot with it. What an error! (It was
the time before these terrible engine crashes in 1.0, which have cost
me 3 big clients. And if you loose 2 years in the IT business, what
should I tell you?). Now I dont have the money. And, Richard, when I
will have it again, there are on the first place of muy coders list:
Klaus, Malte Björnke. But I have it mind, that you can do the iShell
GUI in a month. I cant blieve it, but ok, whe shall see... Pls tell me
what are the costs of your bills for a month, that I can note it down
for later.

>> Sometimes in life everybody could/has/should think not only in time
>> and money. I know thats very hard to understand for you americans,
>> but there is a bit more in life than time and money...
>
> While I agree with many European perceptions about Americans, it's
> rarely useful to consider all members of any group to have the same
> traits (i.e., "steroetyping").  Not all Irishmen are alcoholics, some
> Brits can indeed cook, and I've never in my life met a lazy Mexican.

... and my wife is from Colombia and she is definitly "not" a cocaine
dealer too!
You are right stereotyping is never correct! but that was not my
intention!
If you feel _personally_ offended: sorry!

OT: The austrian revenge is Arnold Blackcorner;))

> I am not alone here in a lifestyle that includes a signficant amount
> of not-for-profit work.  For starters, as a matter of company policy I
> donate 10% of my billable time to non-profit organizations, and during
> times when I have an assistant that person is instructed to do the
> same (Fourth World pays for their time, as it does mine).
Thanks in the name of them.

> It's open source, and fully brancheable into any form anyone likes:
> you can do whatever you want with it at any time.
As I know: Only for HC owner which have upgraded to rev... And not open
source in the idea of GPL. Or is the source code of the engine free to
dl?

> With one limitation:  I don't personally have any use for it.
As you know I m a bad scripter, so I cant help with scripting to this
list. But I m still trying to bring some ideas in, although I don't
personally have any use of it, spending a lot of time with it.

I have some sales expierence from my former life; sold for about 10
Millions$ (more or less the actual value) MS-DOS PC´s/year for an
international company. Therefore sometimes, when I saw again and again
the "strange" RR distribution policy, my memory looked back and I
thought: I cant do nothing for the scripters, but I could do anything
for the rev GUI, the newbies, the educational market the distribution
policy, which could help me in the future too. Seems I should seriously
rethink about that...

> It's called FlipsIDE, and it's being developed now in my spare time.
Thanks again in advance. I dont know if this will help me, but RR
sure...

> In the meantime I'm going to spend today's 15 minutes enjoying a latte
> and doing no coding at all for anyone while I watch the
> boulevardier....
I dont have the knowlege of this "english" flavor, that I can
understand it well, and the dictionary doesnt know what "latte or
boulevardier" is.

Now I have actual to finish my novel and sorry, if I will answer short
or not to following postings, because I will not have the time to read
all that, as I did in the last weeks.

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Trainingsmaps© -- speedlearning with Mindmaps!
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com
wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418 Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539