Table fields... oh boy.

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sun Aug 15 15:13:55 EDT 2004

On Aug 14, 2004, at 10:31 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> OK, I added my 5, but I couldn't remember to add an additional comment
> to Bguzilla (it only seems possible to add an attachment like a
> patch?!). I note tho that the comments which are there are fairly
> 'advanced'. What about much more basic functionality like a message
> being sent every time the user changes the contents of a cell or every
> time the user tabs from one cell to another: similarly, how is the
> script supposed to detect that a set of cells has been selected and
> whether it's contiguous or not? You can see that my mind is running
> along spreadsheet lines... maybe all this has been thought of and I've
> missed it (it is hard for me to keep up with digests just at present),
> but I don't want the simple stuff to be neglected.

If you want to know if a selection is contiguous or not you can use
something like this:

function getIsFldSelContiguous pHilitedLines
	if ( (sum(pHilitedLines) / (last item of pHilitedLines - first item of
pHilitedLines + 1)) = \
		((first item of pHilitedLines + last item of pHilitedLines) / 2)) then
		return "true"
	else
		return "false"
	end if